List:       cobbler
Subject:    Re: [cobbler] cobbler reposync failed
From:       Chris Patti <cpatti () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-06-11 21:26:45

I would suggest that simply mentioning in the doc that rsync is a more
reliable protocol than http, *especially* over slow / high latency
links, and that reposync handles stops and restarts more cleanly.

IMO that would make it clear to everyone what the problems are.

-Chris

On Fri, Jun 5, 2015 at 7:24 AM, Alan Evangelista
<alanoe@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
> On 06/04/2015 02:09 PM, Chris Patti wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Alan Evangelista
>> <alanoe@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:

>>> As http mirroring seems unstable, imho we should either not support http
>>> mirroring or
>>> at least mention the issue in Cobbler documentation.
>>
>> I agree completely.
>

> I do not use cobbler reposync, so I could use users feedback here. We should
> drop http mirroring
> or just mentioning it is unstable in Cobbler documentation is enough?
> Someone has used repo
> mirroring via HTTP successfully?
>

> Regards,
> Alan Evangelista

Christopher Patti - Geek At Large | GTalk: cpatti@gmail.com | AIM:
chrisfeohpatti | P: (260) 54PATTI
"Technology challenges art, art inspires technology." - John Lasseter, Pixar