List:       cobbler
Subject:    Re: [cobbler] Using a temporary IP address during installation
From:       Mezei Zoltan <mezei.zoltan () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-06-13 13:57:57

Actually, I did this the following way:

1. For DHCP to work I modified /etc/cobbler/dhcp.template:

- set up subnet/range to provide IP addresses from the pool dedicated
for deployment purposes
- commented out the part that binds a fixed address/netmask/gateway to
the specific MAC address.

2. After the DHCP/PXE phase, the sample kickstart template tries to be
clever with:

$SNIPPET('network_config') and $SNIPPET('pre_install_network_config')
--> in the "pre" phase these configure the network according to the
system object's properties --> I commented them out
$SNIPPET('post_install_network_config') --> in the "post" phase it
configures /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* --> I left it as-is

These changes together achieve exactly what I wanted. I'll test the
configuration in the next few days though...