List:       cobbler
Subject:    [cobbler]  ProLiant "illegal opcode" problem with 2.2, okay with 2.0
From:       "Eldred, Doug" <doug.eldred () hp ! com>
Date:       2012-04-27 18:27:31

Thanks for the ideas.

I checked, and pxelinux.0 has identical sizes and checksums on both my Cobbler 2.0 \
server and my Cobbler 2.0 server.  Grub.conf and device.map each have one entry, \
which is what I'd expect after a fresh install, and no editing of grub.conf has \
occurred.

Doug

This sounds to me like a pxelinux.0 (i.e. SYSLINUX) issue, not a cobbler issue.
What happens if you use the pxelinux.0 version from the 2.0 box on the 2.2 box?

Or how about this?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02695572&lang=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3884098&prodTypeId=3709945

Owen Mann, Interactive Data Real Time Services
60 Codman Hill Rd, Boxborough, MA 01719
978-795-3758 owen.mann at interactivedata.com