List:       cobbler
Subject:    Re: cobbler-ext-nodes ignoring no_proxy
From:       Nicolás_Pace <nicopace () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-06-16 23:31:26

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 6:25 PM, Scott Henson <shenson@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 19:39:04 -0300, Nicolás Pace <nicopace@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi people,
>> I found out that cobbler-ext-nodes is ignoring the no_proxy
>> environment variable.
>> I need cobbler-ext-nodes to ignore http_proxy, or to pay attention to
>> no_proxy, in order to fetch data from the local network and not from
>> the server.
>>
>> I've seen that cobbler-ext-nodes is using urlgrabber to fetch this
>> info, and that's why it is not using no_proxy (it is an old bug in
>> urlgrabber that didn't seem to be patched yet :S).
>
> I don't think there is much we can do here.  I'd file a bug against
> urlgrabber and ask if they could fix it.  I don't really want to get in
> the business of working around broken code that we use.  If you know of
> a better library and want to provide a patch, I'd be happy to accept
> it.  Beyond that, I'm not sure what else we could do.

Couldn't just use another way to fetch that info?
I tried with urllib and urllib2, and both of them are having problems
with this thing.
wget is inmune to this problem :D, so we could replace the line:
"       print urlgrabber.urlread(url)"
with

print commands.getstatusoutput('wget' + url + '-O- 2>/dev/null')

Regards,

--
Ing. Nicolás Pace
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nickar/