List:       cobbler
Subject:    PXE boot sub menu's
From:       gbailey () terremark ! com (Glenn Bailey)
Date:       2009-01-29 2:42:54

> I'm thinking it could be done like this:
>
> cobbler distro edit --name=foo --menu-path="alpha/beta"
> cobbler profile add --name=bar --name=baz
>
> This would add generate baz at the menu level alpha/beta/foo/bar
>
> Because distro is intended with "alpha/beta".

That would make sense, with the "/" being the divider? So ya, like:

Alpha:
        Beta:
                Foo:
                        Bar:

?

The the "menu" items themselves would be separate from distros hence being
able to make them whatever you want. Possibly have this as a config option
to not confuse other folks? example: pxe_sub_menu: on or off

> Now what happens if we specify the profile to go in a certain place?
>
> cobbler profile edit --name=bar --menu-
> path="webservers/special/veryspecial"
>
> This would ignore the distro options and put the pxe menu entry under
> webservers/special/veryspecial/bar

or ya, if the "--menu" option wasn't specified it would default to the
root menu like you said. that would fix my stated config option item
stated above, ha!

--
glenn
terremark worldwide