List:       cobbler
Subject:    Exclude packages
From:       mdehaan () redhat ! com (Michael DeHaan)
Date:       2009-01-28 15:05:20

Baptiste Agasse wrote:
> Thanks for your response Michael, I've seen this option but I want to
> exclude a little number of packages and this will be very hard to list all
> packages needed by my machines than exclude 4 or 5 groups of packages that
> I'm sure that I never use (gnome-*, openoffice-*...)
>
> Any other possibility to make that ?
>
> And for old update package cleaning, cobbler include this functionality or I
> have to make a cron job ?
>
> Thanks for yours answers.
>
> Baptiste.
>
> PS : sorry for my bad english.

Well, --rpm-list will pull in the dependencies automatically. Reposync
in yum has no blacklist that I'm aware of. rsync does if you
are copying form a rsync mirror, though cobbler doesn't yet have a way
to relay the usage of an excludes file along for repos (it does
for imports). However, most people will be accessing yum mirrors over
http/ftp anyway.

Anyway, your english is fine, if you can avoid top-posting to the list
that would be good though as it makes threads much easier
to read when comments are in chronological order :)

--Michael