List:       cobaltfacts
Subject:    [cobaltfacts] CBQ + ASP + Custom OCX = PITA
From:       steinkel-cobalt () pa ! net
Date:       2007-04-24 19:06:40

We inherited a number of ASP websites for which the initial hosters
built a custom OCX for sending mail.  All we have now is the binary OCX
file; we may or may not be able to get the original source code.  How
hard would it be to create some wrapper around the CDONTS object methods
to emulate what the ASP files expect?  We would prefer not to have to
touch every file as it migrates to our Bluequartz box, or, worse, set up
every website on our token Winders box.  I have been poking around the
Sun ONE ASP documentation at
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-2514-10 but it seems not very
helpful for our specific concerns...

Thanks,