List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    Re: vulnerabilities?
From:       "Chris" <chris () zarcrom ! com>
Date:       1999-03-31 15:08:01

I checked the problem on the network side: our Cobalt servers are already
connected to the network via 10 meg ethernet.
Further investigation shows the problem appears to occur when the arp
tables are flushed - the RAQ servers neglect to re-publish their arp
entries.

It's probably possible that forcing the systems to publish their arp
entries via a cron job that runs every 5 minutes or so would solve the
problem. This is a
complete kludge, but it would probably serve as a temporary fix.

Does somebody has more information about this?

sincerely,
chris

> on some of our RaQs: they go down simultaneously from time to time,
> unpredictably: sometimes nothing for ten days, then twice in three
> days.

>I can't divulge why, but switch to 10Base-T rather than 100Base-TX.
>It fixed it for us.
>Andrew Kinney

     Z a r c r o m    I n d u s t r i e s    C o r p o r a t i o n

           http://www.zarcrom.com (Web Hosting wholesaler).