List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    Re: cgi files
From:       "Tony Patti" <apatti () gte ! net>
Date:       1999-03-28 4:56:56

CGI scripts don't have to end in a particular extension. In this case the script file
is guestbook.pl. So you would need to make the script file executable by typing this:

chmod 755 guestbook.pl

By custom, .pl refers to Perl scripts and .cgi refers to compiled (c++) program files
but there is no set rule about this.

Also make sure that you edit the script file to show the proper path to perl on the
very first line.
This should all be included in the documentation comments in the script.

Tony