List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    RaQ: the "Severe problem" warning for Disk...
From:       "Christophe" <chris () zarcrom ! com>
Date:       1998-10-23 15:12:06

This morning, i had the "Severe Problem warning" for the disk... very
unpleasant. In fact, it was an "almost full" user's directory. I checked
the user's directoy (administrator), it was empty, except for the
"index.html" file!

I deduced the directory's size  for the administrator must always be setup
with the full site space, because Cobalt server doesn't check what is
really in the directory, but what has been uploaded by administrator...

eg: if you setup a site with 100 meg, that you create an administrator user
with 10 meg (this one has access to the site's root), then the
administrator will not be able to upload more than 10 meg, even to the
site's root.

I suggest
- to use a yellow warning for this problem; it is not a "severe problem".
My adrenaline has been very high for a good while.
- to document this special point if you want to avoid a lot future
messages....

chris

     Z a r c r o m    I n d u s t r i e s    C o r p o r a t i o n

           http://www.zarcrom.com (Web Hosting wholesaler).