List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    Re: RaQ: wishes list
From:       "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hps () tanstaafl ! de>
Date:       1998-10-19 14:56:10

brianh@netins.net (Brian Hostetter) writes:

>I do not get this whole 50-75 user limit.  I love these cobalt boxes,  but
>come on, they cannot handle that many sites.  There is a HUGE weekness in
>this box, aka a big IDE drive.  If you try and run 75 virt sites off of
>one of these it will be dog slow.  We are using them in an array of

Oh no,

one of the ISPs where I do regular consulting has about 700 virtual
webservers but only twenty of these get more than 50-100 hits per
hour.

So 50-75 sites on a RaQ is no problem at all. You must simply select
which servers to host on a RaQ.

	Kind regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen --             hps@tanstaafl.de
TANSTAAFL! Consulting - Unix, Internet, Security

Hutweide 15                   Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0    "There ain't no such
D-91054 Buckenhof             Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20    thing as a free Linux"