List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    Re: [cobalt-users] [RAQ2] Exessive Recursion
From:       "support () atoznet ! com" <support () atoznet ! com>
Date:       2000-01-31 23:19:30

Dennis,

It seemes like I had that exact problem with a raq2, if I remember
correctly the answer was:

Using anything other than "A" records in the DNS setup for that domains'
mail causes this... having the DNS option turned on without using the
box itself as either the primary or secondary nameserver in the
"network" settings may also cause this, as I seem to recall.

Dennis wrote:

> Hello-
>
> Anyone know why one of the sites on our RaQ2 server is getting the
> error:
>
>  <zachlip@domain.com>:
>     host domain.com [209.207.239.120]:
>     554 rewrite:
>     excessive recursion (max 50), ruleset 3
>
> I received it in a cron message as well as when you try to send e-mail
> to the domain.
>
>     Thank you,
>         Dennis

Clayton McGow