List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    Re: [cobalt-users] Manage Raq or control station
From:       "Zeffie" <cobaltlist () ecio ! net>
Date:       2004-05-14 14:27:47

> Does anyone know the difference of a manage raq and a control station?
> tony

Yes... I have both

I don't use the manage raq as it's based on the RaQ3 and there are no more
updates for the RaQ3 so it's to old... and it was dropped by Cobalt for the
Control Station...  the CS is much diffrent and wants a raid array as
well...

They can be very difficult to maintain and should always be behind a
firewall.... on the server end I like to use the Firewall software we built
for the gui as it allows me to only allow access to the port it uses from my
ip... (the firewall includes auto update software for the ip too)

Zeffie...  "Get your Z's with Zeffie"  734-454-9117
Cobalt RaQ Repairs, Development, and Maintenance.
Cobalt Spam Filter, Security, Firewall, Anti Virus Products
http://www.cobaltupdates.com Updates for Cobalt Servers
http://www.cobaltuserslist.com User lists for Cobalt Users
http://www.wordassassin.com/ Wordassassin Authorized Dealer
http://www.zeffie.net/ Free pkg and rpm resources for the Cobalt user