List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    [cobalt-users] RaQ 4r not booting
From:       "Barnaby Mortensen" <cobalt () mortensen ! ws>
Date:       2004-04-29 8:16:42

So, I upgraded my 4r to the XTR OS with a supposed upgrade disk.  Everything
seemed to go smooth.  It looked great, seemed to run great.

At one point I went and rebooted it and instead of seeing the familiar
activity lights flash and the LCD panel start giving me messages, the LCD
panel displayed a single line of black squares across the top.  That's about
it.  All I hear is the fan running--it doesn't even seem like any sort of
POST activity is going on.  Did I do it?  Did I finally kill this thing?
Have I pushed beyond the point of no return?

I'm digging around for a null modem cable to see if I can see ANYTHING at
all, but so far I'm at my wits end how to bring this sucker back.

Any ideas?

TIA.....

Barnaby