List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    Re: [cobalt-users] RAQ4 form-tomail scripts problem
From:       SM <sm () resistor ! net>
Date:       2004-04-26 19:35:59

Hi James,
At 10:57 26-04-2004, Neil James wrote:
>Thanks, I'll pass that on. I've discovered they are using Alligate and the
>response came from them.

That is a MS based SMTP gateway.  :)

>If I disable authentication will it cause problems with other servers? How
>would I
>do it anyway?

I don't know whether you are using SMTP AUTH.  If you are not using that to
send mail through your server, then you can disable it.  Do you require a
username and password to send mail through your SMTP server?  If so, it
means that you are using SMTP AUTH.  This is not POP3 before SMTP
Authentication btw.

You will have to edit your sendmail configuration and disable SMTP AUTH in
there.  The mail archive for this list has the instructions on how to do
that.  I also posted a how-to on how to generate a new sendmail.cf for the
RaQ3.  It should be similar for the RaQ4.

>Sure - let me know what e-mail address to use. The message I sent to the
>address on your list post bounced.

My list address is valid.  Your email was bounced as my mail server does
not accept mail for this email address from incorrectly configured SMTP
hosts.  You should be able to email me using my list address now.

The test was to verify whether there was a problem with your script.  The
email got through to my mail server and we can conclude that your script is
working correctly.

Regards,
-sm