List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    RE: [cobalt-users] Transfering Raq550 Data
From:       "Bob Noordam" <mac () rsnet ! nl>
Date:       2004-04-26 12:35:21

> What is the best way to move sites from on of my raq550's to
> another?? I
> am kinda hoping there is some tool that will make this a
> almost painless
> process
>
> Thanks,
> Travis

The CMU Utility's are capable of packing a single (or all) vsite along with
all its settings into a transportbale archive. Install the package on both
machines.

Export the site on machine #1

/usr/sbin/cmuExport -d /home/.users/112/admin/savedsite -n "www.depopo.net"
chown admin /home/.users/112/admin/savedsite -R

Will create a backup of www.depopo.net in the admin's directory under
'savedsite' with access for the admin users.

On the 'new' machine,

mkdir /home/.users/112/admin/import
cd /home/.users/112/admin/import

ncftp -u admin my.old.server
cd /home/.sites/112/admin/savedsite
get * -R
bye

/usr/sbin/cmuImport -d /home/.sites/112/admin/import

Lastly, login to the gui, and edit the ip address of the new site (if
needed). Also, if you have additional aliases for the webserver, you have to
re-enter them in the GUI. (they are listed, but inactive, so remove and
readd them).

cmu downloads can be obtained from the sun ftp site, or
http://downloads.depopo.net/showpage.asp?showpage=%2Fcobalt%2Fsun%2FCMU%2DTo
ols/v253