List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    [cobalt-users] REPOST: RaQ4r hard drive failure weirdness
From:       "cbtrussell" <cbtrussell () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2003-03-31 22:07:17

> I had a drive fail in a 4r this morning. It's a 6 month old Maxtor 30GB
> drive. They completely suck.
>
> Anyway, now when I attempt to login via SSH (or telnet, if enabled) I get
the
> following message:
>
> BUG IN DYNAMIC LINKER ld.so: dl-runtime.c: 67: fixup: Assertion
> `((reloc->r_info) & 0xff) == 7' failed!
>
> then the connection is terminated. Any ideas?

This message is consistently displayed via SSH, telnet, and serial console,
then the connection is terminated.

I'm perfectly OK with the drive failure, but concerned about the cause/fix
of this related event, as it doesn't look like something that's going to go
away on it's own. Any insight appreciated.

Thanks,

Brandon