List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    [cobalt-users] Mail to admin users on RaQ 550
From:       Al Lang <al451 () pobox ! com>
Date:       2003-03-31 8:40:26

I have a basic question about email configuration through the RaQ 550
GUI; apologies if this is really obvious, but I've looked through lots
of archives and support documents and am still not sure I understand it.

The question: Is it possible, using the RaQ 550 GUI (or other
properly-supported means that won't interfere with the GUI) to create an
email alias on a virtual site that is independent of the users that have
been created on that virtual site?

For example: I have a RaQ 550 (raq.example.org) which hosts several
virtual sites (www.domain-1.org, www.domain-2.org, etc.). I have my own
server administrator account (lang@raq.example.org) which successfully
receives email. I would like to get mail that is sent to
"lang@domain-1.org" and "lang@domain-2.org" to end up in that server
administrator account.

The only way I can see to do this through the GUI is to create myself a
a user account in the "www.domain-1.org" virtual site (e.g. named
"lang2"), add the alias "lang" for the user, and then set up mail
forwarding for the user.

This seems really wasteful and it's very tedious to set up for many
domains. Is there a simpler way? I really really don't want to do
anything incompatible with the GUI, so I'd rather not edit /etc/aliases
(or whatever) unless I can be sure it's a safe and supported procedure.

Thanks for any insight.
Regards,
Al.