List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    Re: [cobalt-users] Qube3-All-Security-4.0.1-16402
From:       Jeff Lasman <jblists () nobaloney ! net>
Date:       2003-03-30 17:07:25

Evan Isaac Price wrote:

> Received the notification below from my Qube3.
>
> If I have already installed the sendmail patch by Solarspeed, should I
> uninstall that before installing this patch from Sun?

The Sun patch is for an older vulnerability.  You're probably okay if
you've been using SolarSpeed patches.

For general information, the best way to find out if patches conflict is
to ask the author of the "unofficial" patch, in this case Michael
Stauber of SolarSpeed.

While I believe I know the specific answer, I'm not willing to commit to
it, in case I'm wrong <wry grin>.  Michael would have the definitive
answer.  In fact, I'm sure he's already posted it; see
cobalt-developers, cobalt-security, and perhaps Cobalt-facts, as these
are the lists he usually posts on.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA  92517 US
Internet & Unix/Linux/Sun/Cobalt Consulting +1 909 778-9980