List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    [cobalt-users] Apologies
From:       "John A. Federico" <cobalt () FreeAgentForum ! com>
Date:       2003-03-17 2:28:44

My RaQ has been out of commission since Saturday morning.

After deleting a couple of sites, the admin screens for all the virtual
hosts and the home site disappeared. For some reason, aliases no longer
work when this happens.

As a result, mail sent to "cobalt@freeagentforum.com" bounced - the
address to which I'm subscribed to the Cobalt Users list. So, as a result,
there were probably a number of bounced messages returned to the list.

Sorry about that.

On another note, I'd like to thank Gerald Waugh of Front Street Networks
for pointing me toward a fix. Without Gerald and the list archives, I
would have been stuck.

For those of you interested in the solution to the problem, see here:

http://list.cobalt.com/pipermail/cobalt-users/2002-August/076655.html

In addition to getting me the script, Gerald instructed me to create a
symlink for the home site:

"Try creating a symbolic link in  /usr/admserv/html/.cobalt/siteManage/
for home.
should look like this when done.
host.server.tld -> /usr/admserv/html/.cobalt/siteManage/home"

I other words, if your home site is called "www.site.com" you should
create a symlink, like this:

%>ln -s /usr/admserv/html/.cobalt/siteManage/home www.site.com

The result is a symlink in the above directory called www.site.com.

Again, sorry for the bounced messages.

Regards,

-jf.

John Federico | President & Founder | The Free Agent Forum
Vox/Fax: +1 888 696 1768
http://www.FreeAgentForum.com