List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    [cobalt-users] Majordomo/Sendmail Urgent Help needed
From:       "Jon" <jjma () totalise ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-10-31 11:02:09

Hello,

Last night I sent an email out to a client's email list and have had the client on \
the phone this morning with complaints from his users that they have received 70 + \
emails. I also am on the list and have noticed that the email I received in the first \
hour was one then in the second hour 2 and so forth so by 8am this morning I was \
receiving 16 emails per hour! This clients disk space has been filled with returned \
emails from bounces or 'dead emails'(usually there are only 200).

I've rebooted the server and have killed sendmail in the hope that majordomo/sendmail \
will stop sending out email, and the process of sending mail again and again?

Please advise

Jonathan