List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    RE: [cobalt-users] RAQ550 General Questions
From:       Ursula <ursulasays () yahoo ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-08-31 6:45:46

--- BSmith@solunet.com wrote: >

> http://www.mysqlfront.de
>
> They posted this a little while ago.  It is, by far,
> one of the BEST GUI
> apps for MySQL that I have seen.  It is free, works
> on Windows XX.  If you
> ever administered a database, you would be foolish
> if you don't use it.
> phpMyAdmin is also really good, but it is web based,
> and depending on
> traffic, could be a little slow.

This looks quite interesting, I'll check it out. I'm a
little concerned about the security aspect though -
not just for this, but any time databases get queries
over an internet connection. https is fine when the
browser is involved, but not for direct db
connections.

Is there are way to set up a secure/encrypted
connection between, say an access db on machine A, to
mysql on machine B?

=====

--

Ursula