List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    Re: [cobalt-users] SSH
From:       David Lucas <david () yetiservices ! com>
Date:       2002-03-31 5:02:48

At 06:17 PM 3/29/2002, you wrote:
> > > I have a RaQ4 and I recently installed all of the patches.  Everything
> > > is working great but I can't get SSH to work.  I even tried
> > > re-installing the pkg but to no avail.  Does anyone know what I could do
> > > to fix the problem?  I don't like using telnet and want to shut it off
> > > but I don't have any other way now.
> >
> > What's the problem?
>
>The problem is that he can't set the server to use SSH, in the
>admin you can only find the new service setting in the siteadmin,
>not the serveradmin. Another .pkg that has not been tested very well.

When you install ssh via the control panel, it is running.

If you check the sshd.config you most likely will find a lot of things
commented out.

You must make adjustments.  I notice with the latest update that almost
everything was commented out.  Luckily I had saved a copy of my previous
one and went in and turned things back on.  I am sure he must also.

NO, it is not configurable via the GUI.