List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    [cobalt-users] qube 2 not updating
From:       "Ken Duffield" <xebec () plant ! nl>
Date:       2002-01-31 16:51:29

Hi All,

I think I have just found out why I have been having so much trouble with my
Qube 2 but I do not know what to do about it.
I have noticed that if I shutdown my qube the date reverts to Sat Sep 27
10:36:57 cest 1997. I have always thought this to be nothing and every time
I power it up I have changed the date and time to the current one and have
changed the battery but to no avail as the same problem occurs. I have been
for months trying to configure various things on this machine and have maybe
found out why it has not been acting as I would like. I have noticed that
although when I work in the GUI it appears that all is changed okay but it
would seem that the system does not update and is still running at the old
date. I found this while checking the message files in /var/log/messages as
it always shows the date of sep 27 and nothing changes. If I put in date it
shows current date time etc.

Please could someone give me an indication of what is wrong here as it looks
as though I have been messing around for months here and now it would seem I
have found out why but I do not know the cause. I assume something hardware
wise other than the battery.

Any info gratefully received.

Kind Regards,

Ken