List:       cobalt-users
Subject:    AW: [cobalt-users] Problem with Java and MySQL
From:       "CMO - Thorsten Mitschele" <mitschele () cmo ! de>
Date:       2002-01-31 8:31:25

Hi,

> > If we try to connect to the mysql-database locally it works...
>
> Locally, meaning from the database server?  Or from the Tomcat
> server?

There are two servers:
1x RAQ4 with JDK 1.3, Tomcat, JSP
1x Database-Server (mySQL)

If we try to connect from the console of the RaQ4 to the database server via
the mysql-command it works fine and we can access the DB on the DB-Server.
So the user and Server is allowed to access the DB.

If we want to do it with the Servlet it fails.. and we dont see any
connection in the MySQL-DB-Log on the DB-Server. So our suggestion is: There
is no connection going out to the DB-Server..

> > java.sql.SQLException: Cannot connect to MySQL server on
> > mysql.dettingen.cmo.de:3306. Is there a MySQL server running on the
> > machine/port you are trying to connect to?
> > (java.security.AccessControlException)
> > 	at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Connection.(Connection.java:239)
> > 	at org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:126)
> > 	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:517)
> > 	at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:177)

So the question is do i need to do something in the tomcat / java / whatever
/ settings to allow outgoing connections? or why the heck i can connect
trough the mysql-command from the RaQ4 -> DB-Server but not from the Servlet
on the same RaQ4 -> DB-Server ???

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Norman Mitschele
Geschäftsführer