List:       cobalt-developers
Subject:    RE: [cobalt-developers] Further News: MySQL -> PHP Problems
From:       "Alex Lee" <alex () cobalt ! com>
Date:       2001-03-30 12:07:43

> The problem seems to be that I can not connect using the host
> "localhost" in
> the 'mysql_connect' function, instead I have to use the hardcoded primary

You have the standard MySQL privilege issues on new installations.

The MySQL root user is only allowed to connect via "localhost". Fix up your
MySQL privileges to permit user accounts to connect from other sources.

A great link on how MySQL access rights work is:

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_Privilege_system.h
tml#Privilege_system

alex