List:       cobalt-developers
Subject:    Re: [cobalt-developers] Xserver on RAQ2 or Cube2
From:       "Byron C. Servies" <bservies () pacang ! com>
Date:       2000-12-20 16:01:01

On 12/20/00 at 3:23 PM, jstrebel@spectraweb.ch (jstrebel) wrote:

> Does anybody run a xserver on a RAQ or CUBE 1 or 2?
>
> If yes, which version of X did you compile? ( I guess most probably you
> have taken it from a Redhat Distribution)
> Any recommendation which saves me valuable time is also welcome.

Just this past weekend I download xfree86 4.0.1 and it compiled fine all the way
through (a bunch of warnings, but I get that on x86 platforms, too).  I was really
only interested in xauth so that I could tunnel X through ssh, but it compiled up
so well I thought I would try putting a card in the qube2 to see if it would run a
desktop.

The qube2 bios apparently does not support vga, so it may not work (not to mention
it may not recognize the voodoo3 card I have), but I'll let the list know.

Byron