List:       cobalt-developers
Subject:    RE: [cobalt-developers] SQL DBI/DBD
From:       "Lyle Scheer" <lyle () cobalt ! com>
Date:       2000-07-26 20:50:13

> Hi Lyle did you ever finish off the UPS web stuff. I got it
> running. in the
> end but my RaQ3 died HD Fault and was RMA'd dead and no
> backup I cant be
> %^$$ to do it all again cince there was buckets of missing
> libs and stuff
> gd etc. from the Cobalt OS
>
> I know you started to do the UPS stuff did you finish it off?

Barry,

	The UPS tools managed to get integrated into the RaQ3 and beyond, but
unfortunately I never completed development for the MIPS based products.
Since then, APC opensourced their PowerChute software, and I've heard of
some people using it on RaQ3s.  I'm still somewhat an advocate of the
Smartups tools that I had been using (Now called Network UPS Tools, at
http://www.exploits.org/nut/) as it is compatible with more than just the
APC brand of UPS.
	Cobalt is using an older version of that source on the RaQ 3 and 4s.  I've
pretty much given up on having the time to update this to current and create
more diverse configuration scripts to allow a wider range of setup from the
LCD panel.

- Lyle