List:       cobalt-developers
Subject:    Re: [cobalt-developers] How do TCL works?
From:       "Byron C. Servies" <bservies () pacang ! com>
Date:       2000-06-10 3:04:05

On 6/9/00 at 8:35 PM, webmaster@can-host.com ([Can-Host Networks] Félix
C.Courtemanche) wrote:

> Hi... this is the second attempt to get some answers on TCL.
> I have been redirected to their web site, but so far it hasn't helped me
> very much.
>
> My main questions are:
> - is it safe to let my clients to use TCL/TK?
> - how do I let them use tcl scripts on their web page? (Do I create a new
> application type and set the path to tclsh / wish like perl?)
> - is there a TCL wrapper (like perl wrapper) wich would make everything safe
> for me.

Well, there's mod_dtcl, an apache module for embedding tcl into web pages:

http://www.apache.org/related_projects.html#moddtcl
http://comanche.com.dtu.dk/dave/

Otherwise, just set it up like you would any other external cgi program (e.g.
perl).  You should be able to use cgiwrap with it just like anything else.

Looking around, people seem to recommend Steve Ball's book "web tcl complete" for
everything there is to know about tcl, cgi, and the www:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/007913713X/zvenoxmlspecial

Byron