List:       cobalt-developers
Subject:    RE: [cobalt-developers] Legato Backup and RaQ3i
From:       "Byron C. Servies" <bservies () pacang ! com>
Date:       2000-05-11 18:43:06

Hi,

To get the portmapper to start before networker:

$ cd /etc/rc.d/rc3.d
$ ln -s ../init.d/portmap.init S40portmaper

This assumes that S95networker is in rc3.d and that your inittab has a default
init level of 3.  NetWorker 6 will not have this requirement.

Does the cobalt script restart nsrexecd when you modify /nsr/res/servers?
nsrexecd only reads that file on startup (and you can list as many servers as you
like, one on each line of the file).

The other things to check (though it sounds like you have done this, can't hurt to
make sure):

o make sure the client and server can both look up each others names using
nslookup.

>From the error, it appears that the server cannot perform reverse address lookup
for host1 and thus cannot verify the host, so try using nslookup with the ip
address to see if reverse lookup works.

o the NetWorker client for the cobalt should have the fully-qualified domain name
in the aliases list (sounds like you have done this).

You can test the backup from the cobalt without running a savegrp using:

$ save -s wisp2.wholesaleisp.net -vv /etc/motd

Byron