List:       cmake
Subject:    Re: [CMake] Automatically updating Doxygen documentation and making it readily available to users wi
From:       Marc Herbert <marc.herbert () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-02-22 17:02:28

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Le jeu. 21 f=C3=A9vr. 2019 =C3=A0 06:19, Timothy Wrona <tjwrona1992@gmail.c=
om> a
=C3=A9crit :

> Either way having it as an "index.html" file somewhere on the hard-disk i=
> not very intuitive. It would make much more sense for it to be on a web
> server where you can access it with a sensible URL.

Unless it's linked from some front page you know users often go to, I don't
see why http://some.server/doc/mylibrary/index.html is more "intuitive"
than file://some/directory/mylibrary/index.html. The difference between the
two is sharing vs not, it's not about "intuitiveness".

BTW your questions are really not clear on the topic of sharing. The
problem of a developer building documentation without realizing it is very
different from the problem of user not building anything, even when the
latter is not curious about documentation either.

PS: I suggested some cmake fine-tuning on stackoverflow.