List:       cmake
Subject:    Re: [CMake] Cmake Frameworks and Bitcode
From:       Cameron Palmer <cameron () promon ! no>
Date:       2018-03-26 8:24:56

Quite possible I'm misunderstanding something, but…

As you said, I really don't care much at this point about the RPATH.

However, setting the property BUILD_WITH_INSTALL_RPATH on or off doesn't change \
anything as far as I can tell. The target is still linked with \
-headerpad_max_install_names and the linker still complains. Also, looking at policy \
68 and working with the INSTALL_NAME, which is the one thing you do care about, you \
cannot set the directory to @rpath which seems silly. Most frameworks I'm familiar \
with have the install name set to @rpath/My.framwork/my. I use add_custom_command to \
correctly set it, but still seems like this is broken.

The library I've been testing is iperf, it is relatively straightforward, so it makes \
a good test case. I've added CMake and it is at https://github.com/palmerc/iperf.

Cameron.