List:       cmake
Subject:    Re: [CMake] Absolute path printing of CMakeLists.txt files in title of CMake error messages.
From:       Stephen Kelly <steveire () gmail ! com>
Date:       2017-02-12 21:25:24

vbspam wrote:

> *What is the real driver behind?*
>
> - I use KDevelop as my Linux IDE which has as you may know pretty nice
> CMake integration.

I believe KDevelop is getting support for the cmake server, so exposing
messages through that would probably solve this aspect. Specifically, there
is a cmMessenger class and messages go through that. If you add virtual
method(s?) to it you can add an implementation specifically for the server
which passes the messages over the protocol to the IDE.

> - Another driver is when I do parallel build on build server, the actual
> context of the CMake error line is hard to determine. Here is impossible
> to get the proper context (the only relevant context is the printed line
> itself).

I'm not familiar with this.

Thanks,

Steve.