List:       cmake
Subject:    Re: [CMake] getting the rpath right on osx
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2015-11-02 13:49:35

On Mon, 2 Nov 2015, Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> I think the idea of using @rpath as install name of the Qt libraries is geared \
> towards the usecase of shipping Qt within the application bundle of the \
> application. In that case all you need is set the rpath \
> @executable_path/../Frameworks or so in the executable and thus the app-bundle is \
> relocatable. In order to get that with CMake you'll likely need to use the \
> BundleUtilities, though its been so long since I used those I don't know if they \
> can handle this scenario out of the box.

Yes, that's what I'm trying to do -- well, I'm trying to do two
things. One is setup a build environment where kde apps like desktoptojson
can run, the other is creating a bundle, preferably using the same
Qt. I got quite far by manually fixing up the applications built as part
of kcoreaddons and then manually patching up the executable inside the
bundle to have the @executable_path/../Frameworks rpath added. But I'm
still not sure why with a really simple example things don't work out
of the box: I guess I had better build Qt with -norpath.

Boudewijn