Hi Nils,

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 3:58 PM, Nils Gladitz <nilsgladitz@gmail.com> wrote:
On 07/27/2015 03:46 PM, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
I've meanwhile also noticed that the default compiler flags that CMake
uses include the debug information in the dll itself (dll size is
doubled), so for now don't even have to have the separate pdb files
packaged anymore (in this case the pdb info is small enough to just keep
in the dll).

I am not entirely sure what you mean but CMake's default flags for the Visual Studio compiler when building "Debug" or "RelWithDebInfo" use /Zi (debug information in external pdb) rather than /Z7 (embedded debug information; no pdb is generated).

Maybe your project replaces the default flags?

No Z7 or Zi anywhere in the CMake files and the generated makefiles include /Zi. So I don't know why the dll's would be bigger and generate proper backtrace information when analyzing a dump file but so it is and thats fine with me for now.

Andreas