List:       cmake
Subject:    Re: [CMake] Build application suite with dependency checking but single shared libraries without it
From:       felix <felix.schwitzer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2013-12-01 21:25:42

I think your use case is a common one. You can split up all things in
different projects and use
a superproject and using ExternalProject, but maybe that needs a big rework
of your project structure.

I have in my repository also a lot of libraries and some applications and
use the export command to
allow other projects to import the library. Let me explain with a example
what I mean. Suppose I have
a structure like
- lib1
- lib2
- myapp
where myapp depends on lib1 and lib2, lib2 depends on lib1.
When generating lib1 export the cmake-configuration and then in lib2 simply
use

set(lib1_DIR "../lib1)
find_package(lib1 REQUIRED)

regards