List:       cmake
Subject:    Re: [CMake] turning inverting dashboard interpretation of FATAL_ERRORs at cmake
From:       Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman () kitware ! com>
Date:       2013-04-26 14:15:54

On 4/26/2013 4:35 AM, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> Which is the correct behavior. And I'd like my dashboard to tell me that it
> works. Without building or "testing". The test in this case consists of making
> sure that my cmake script aborts with the right error message.
>
>> >    I thought you might have test cases that were complete projects.   I
>> >don't think you can change this.  It is not just the error in the
>> >output, it is that cmake returns an error code when run.  Basically the
>> >configure command fails.
> Yes. And if it wouldn't fail it would be an error. That's what I mean: I need
> to invert the logic of this part.
>
> Well, maybe it's better that those builds don't show on the dashboard at
> all...
What I would do is turn this into a test case that is part of a
successful build.

add_test(FailConfig  ... run some cmake script that does the config that
fails)
# use a regular expression to determine that the correct output shows
up.  You can do an out of source build so that does not mess with the
tree that works.

--
Bill Hoffman
Kitware, Inc.