List:       cmake
Subject:    [CMake] CMake, Qt4, Ubuntu and Phonon
From:       Félix_C._Morency <felix.morency () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-21 16:25:59

I filled a bug report on launchpad regarding the use of CMake, Qt4,
Ubuntu 11.10-64 and Phonon.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/phonon/+bug/893170

The problem is that the FindQt4 module tries to find phonon in the
path where the Qt4 library are located. This default path under Ubuntu
11.10-64 is

QT_INSTALL_LIBS:/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

Phonon is not included in the default libqt4-dev. By default, the
libphonon-dev package installs the library in /usr/lib. Since the
NO_DEFAULT_PATH parameter is given when looking for the Phonon
library, it is never found in /usr/lib.

Temporary workaround would be to look for the phonon library without
using the FindQt4 module.

I don't know what the proper permanent fix should be. Fix the phonon
Ubuntu package so it installs at the same location as Qt4 or fix the
FindQt4 module to allows looking in default paths.

I would like your input on this issue and alternative permanent
solution to the problem.

Regards,
--
Félix C. Morency, M.Sc.
Plateforme d'analyse et de visualisation d'images