List:       cmake
Subject:    Re: [CMake] Problem Porting from cmake 2.4.7 to 2.6
From:       <Alexander.Camek () elektrobit ! com>
Date:       2008-06-30 7:52:48

Hi,

Sorry for my late response, but there wasn't any PC at my weekend location.

> Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> Thanks, Brad, for pointing me in the correct direction.
> Checking with the
> 2.4.8 and 2.6.0 versions of the corresponding Fortran file,
> the variables that must be added in total for 2.6.0 and Ada
> are actually
>
> CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_RPATH_LINK_Ada_FLAG
> CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_RUNTIME_Ada_FLAG *
> CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_RUNTIME_Ada_FLAG_SEP *
> CMAKE_EXECUTABLE_RPATH_LINK_Ada_FLAG
> CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_LINK_Ada_WITH_RUNTIME_PATH
>
> * indicates ones you mentioned above.
>
> Once those additional variables are set, shared Ada libraries
> work for the simple test project and also for PLplot
> regardless of whether I use
> 2.4.8 or 2.6.0!
>
> So it really does appear there is a significant addition to
> the number of variables you have to set for 2.6.0 language
> support compared to 2.4.x language support.
>
> To Bill Hoffman: I don't mind that backwards incompatible
> change, but there might be one or two others trying to port
> language support between 2.4.8 and 2.6.0 so perhaps this
> change should be documented somewhere?
>
> Thanks very much, Brad, for helping me to get these Ada
> language support issues straightened out for 2.6.0.
>
> To Alexander Camak (and others interested in Ada support for
> CMake): please try the test project with the option of shared
> libraries for CMake-2.6.0 to be sure it works on all
> platforms of interest to you.

Thanks for all your help. I will test it here on my machine for windows.

By the way, I have written a macro for using gnatbind explicitly for some libraries \
here.

Ada has the speciality if you use direct some Ada libraries there has to be some \
_elabbs codes and also an entrypoint called adainit, for exit it is called \
adafinalize. These are normally generated for libraries by calling gnatmake, then \
they are generated by the binder implicitly, or the programmer gives it explicitly.

I will give it to everybody who wants or need this macro.

Greetings

Alexander Camek

Please note: This e-mail may contain confidential information
intended solely for the addressee. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please do not disclose it to anyone, notify
the sender promptly, and delete the message from your system.
Thank you.