List:       cmake
Subject:    [CMake] (no subject)
From:       Convey Christian J NPRI <ConveyCJ () Npt ! NUWC ! Navy ! Mil>
Date:       2007-08-27 17:50:10

On Linux, I'm building a program that is linked against the "ncurses"
library.

In CMake, what decides whether my program will be linked to libcurses.a or
to libcurses.so ?

I'd like to minimize external dependencies in the build program, so whenever
possible I'd like to link to the .a version.  But if nothing else I need to
know which version (static vs. dynamic) of a given library my program is
linked to.

Thanks,
Christian