List:       classiccmp
Subject:    [cctalk] Does anyone have MP/M II disks/images for the Altos ACS-8000?
From:       Chris Osborn via cctalk <cctalk () classiccmp ! org>
Date:       2022-08-22 15:36:33

I just got my Altos ACS-8000 hard disk controller repaired yesterday and =
was able to connect the Gesswein MFM emulator and format it, run through =
the read/write tests, and copy some files onto it. Now I'd like to =
install MP/M II, but it seems there's no archive sites anywhere that =
have copies of MP/M II for the Altos with the 8500 board. I found a =
single zip file which has a smattering of some of the files that were on =
the two Altos MP/M II distribution disks, but doesn't have the OS =
tracks, and of course all the XIOS files are missing.

I'm going to see if I can find another way to get MP/M II, such as =
working from the generic version and making my own XIOS (using the Altos =
listing in the MP/M II manual as reference), or seeing if the MP/M II =
for the Altos 5 series might be usable with minor modification. But it =
would be nice to get a copy of the original distribution disks.

--
Follow me on twitter: @FozzTexx
Check out my blog: http://insentricity.com