List:       classiccmp
Subject:    Re: SCSI for HP 9000/380
From:       Dennis Grevenstein via cctalk <cctalk () classiccmp ! org>
Date:       2018-12-28 17:49:11

Hi,

I do remember that when installing HP-UX 9 and earlier, you could not
mix and match SCSI and HP-IB. If you boot from HP-IB you can install
on HP-IB, if you boot from SCSI, you can install on a SCSI disk. That may
be a limitation in the installer. Once you have everything installed, you
can use any device. I am very sure that this was the case with the 800s.
I am not quite sure about the 300 series.
I once owned a 380 and it worked well with SCSI disks and the onboard
SCSI port.

regards,
Dennis