List:       classiccmp
Subject:    Still looking for a home - RA81 parts
From:       Alan Perry <aperry () snowmoose ! com>
Date:       2013-05-30 18:01:59

I (still) have parts from a DEC RA81 HDD that I took apart years ago
that I would like to get rid of.  I posted them here a while ago, but
figured that I would try again since I am trying to clear out space in
the garage for a car project.

I am primarily concerned with finding a home for the two larger parts.

1. The HDD minus the HDA.  It is 28" x 18" x 10" and is fairly heavy.
It has all of the boards. It is everything except the platters and
heads. I imagine that, if you powered it up and hooked a tty to the
serial port, you run diagnostics on it. Though, without a HDA, not many
tests would pass.

2. An empty HDA. This is the aluminum housing that the platters and head
assemblies once occupied.

Located on Bainbridge Island, across from Seattle.  Probably too
big/heavy to ship.

alan