List:       classiccmp
Subject:    Re: Need: Intel "ISIS-II" development stuff for PC (DOS)
From:       Philipp Hachtmann <hachti () hachti ! de>
Date:       2011-11-29 14:00:26

> There is an emulator for MS-DOS. At least two that I know of. One came
> from Intel and I don't remember where the other one came from.
>
> I can email that easily. I will have to look a bit for the MCS-48 stuff,
> but I know I have it. Will have to cable up my Intel Development System
> to a PC and use Kermit to transfer them.

Thanks for all your help!

I've read the emulator document. Sounds very reasonable. In my project,
I found batch files of the following form:

> @ECHO OFF
> ECHO    Batch assembly of assembly files (*.SRC)
> ECHO.
> ECHO.
> KDI BATCH C:\IBIS\PROJECTNAME\SUBPROJECT\CSD\KLASM(%1)
> ECHO.
> BEEP
> ECHO.
> ECHO.
> PAUSE

This seems to correspond with the KLASM.CSD file that looks much like:

> ; DO ASM(SRC filename)    Name: KLASM.CSD    Date: XX.XX.XX
> ; Assembly call
> ;
> BATCH :F8:projxxx
> CONTLINE ON
> ASM48 :F2:%0.SRC &
>   OBJECT(:F3:%0.HEX) PRINT(:F4:%0.LST) &
>   MACROFILE NOCOND NOSYMBOLS PAGELENGTH(66)
> CONTLINE OFF
> C:\ISIS\ASM80\HEXOBJ :F3:%0.HEX TO :F3:%0.OBJ
> ;

But... If I'd use the emulator the way it's meant and even with that CSD
thing - why is there a DOS path in the file?!?

And what or who is KDI?

I'm still quite helpless... Seen anything of that before?

Regards,

Philipp