List:       classiccmp
Subject:    Re: ANN: DiscFerret speaks ST506!
From:       Philip Pemberton <classiccmp () philpem ! me ! uk>
Date:       2011-01-31 23:35:52

On 31/01/11 20:43, Steven Hirsch wrote:
>> The log-histogram shows a very distinctive MFM timing pattern (three
>> peaks at 1T, 1.5T and 2T), and the scatter-graph shows that the timing
>> data is split into 17 distinctive segments: the sectors.
>
> Very kewl.. A serious milestone is reached!

Indeed!

Hitting 100MHz timing rate was another nice milestone. The next one is
to decouple the pulse-timer clock and the memory controller clock, which
means I'll be able to push the thing a little bit faster. From memory,
the Fmax for the timing counter is about 133MHz.

Although, to be honest, I like having a 100MHz acq clock. The 10ns steps
make it really easy to interpret the timing graphs -- count of 100, one
microsecond. Simples!

> If the PS has problems with the MPI drive, wait until you attach a real
> manly drive like a Priam V185 or Maxtor 2790 :-). Those beasts just
> about dim the room lights with the inrush!

It doesn't have problems with the MPI drive, it has problems when you
run the MPI drive and a 3.5in floppy at the same time :)

As I said, that's an impossible combination -- without some form of
multiplexer, you can't have both wired to the controller port at the
same time.

--
Phil.
classiccmp@philpem.me.uk