List:       classiccmp
Subject:    Re: Ferguson Big Board question
From:       Brent Hilpert <hilpert () cs ! ubc ! ca>
Date:       2009-12-31 2:25:11

http://elazzerini.interfree.it

> Please excuse me for my not perfect English. On the website I left some URL from where
you can download other information like its schematic and so on.

> What you mean saying: “I am just considering divesting myself of a Ferguson Big Board
system that I have never played with.” > You wish to play with it now or you
wish to sell
it? Let me know pls. elazzeriniATinterfree.it (substitute AT with @)

I've been going through a few systems I have here, collecting photos and info,
assessing which ones I wish to let go / get rid of / let somebody else play with
/ etc. The FBB system is one of them. As far as FBB systems go, I also have a homebrew
Xerox-820-based portable (Xerox-820 is an FBB derivative).

Some photos and info, so far; including the FBB and Xerox-820 systems:
   http://www3.telus.net/~bhilpert/tmp/ctg/index.html

Two or three list members have expressed some interest in some of these already.
I'm somewhat reluctant to ship this stuff, however; some of it would require
crates or good double boxes.

I had been collecting these, in part, as representative examples in the span
of computer technology developments.
I guess a lot of us here have a little fantasy of having a computer museum,
and I would have liked the radio museum here to expand it's mandate to stay
relevant, but most of these systems have been sitting in my house for some
years now.

I just powered up the FBB system and got it to boot to the monitor.

I also just fixed a video problem with the homebrew Xerox-820, a problem that had
been there since I received it about 9 years ago.
The problem was failing 2114 RAM chips, as was just being discussed on the
list, had to replace 2 of them. It now boots into CP/M from disk.

Thanks (Enrico) for the pages and links about the FBB, the info was helpful in
getting these going.

Of course, once you start playing with them it becomes more difficult to let
them go, damn it. I have enough projects to work on however.