List:       classiccmp
Subject:    Wanted - Philips SAA5240 User's Manual, or parts thereof
From:       Philip Pemberton <classiccmp () philpem ! me ! uk>
Date:       2009-07-31 22:16:13

(This is a repost; my first attempt seems to have vanished into the aether)

Hi guys,
   Apologies for the slight OT-ness of this post, but I seem to recall
there being a few folks here with copies of old Philips Semiconductor,
Signetics and Mullard databooks kicking around...

   Basically, I've dug my old Ground Control UTA-1 "Universal Teletext
Adapter" out of the cupboard, and I'd rather like to make it work on my
Linux box. I've found some details on the CITAC chip that controls the
tuning, and a bit more info on the tuner module, so at this point I can
connect it up, get an I2C ACK from the CITAC, and tune in a channel.

   Problem is, my datasheet for the SAA5240A Teletext controller chip is
either an early release, or is just plain incomplete. For a start,
there's a reference to Ghost Rows Mode, which from what I can tell
allows access to the "extended" Teletext data rows which carry the
Fastext page-jumping data.

   Does anyone have a copy of the Philips/Signetics/Mullard "SAA5240
User's Manual" to hand? If so, I could do with scans or photocopies of
parts of it, especially the stuff about Ghost Row mode. I'm also open to
buying the book outright if anyone wants to get rid of theirs...

FWIW, I suspect the SAA5243 or SAA5246 manual would be just as good, the
register maps seem to be more or less identical (based on the
datasheets). Hardly surprising, really.

Thanks.
--
Phil.