List:       classiccmp
Subject:    Re: What kind of IC is this
From:       "CSquared" <csquared3 () tx ! rr ! com>
Date:       2009-04-28 16:47:41

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ethan Dicks" <ethan.dicks@gmail.com>
To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
<cctalk@classiccmp.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 4:04 AM

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 12:50 AM, dwight elvey <dkelvey@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Departure of chip-design legend Bob Pease prompts outpouring in valley
>> http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12167632
>
> Hi
> I found it interesting but I do know what a LM337 is.

As do I.

> I've had the honor to have lunch with Bob once.

Nice.  I've been reading his columns since I don't remember when
(early 1990s?)  I always learn something.

I wonder what he'll be doing next.

-ethan

This is pretty sad, whatever the reason.  Though I don't consider myself
much of an analog guy, he has been one of my heroes for a long time.  I've
read and saved his "What's all this...?" columns from Electronics Design
magazine for many years to the point that I now have several notebooks full
of them.  I do go back and read some of them occasionally and find them just
as fascinating on the Nth reading as I did the first time.

Charlie Carothers