List:       classiccmp
Subject:    Re: Introduction
From:       Oliver Lehmann <lehmann () ans-netz ! de>
Date:       2008-06-01 10:25:48

dwight elvey wrote:

> Hi
>  My German isn't that good. If the step rate is the problem,
> I did see a couple routines that were creating steps. One
> was RAMP.
>  Setting the controllers step rate is always done on just one
> port. I forget which. All you should really need to do is find
> all the out's to that port and set the step to the auto rate.
>  For my code, it was only in two places.
> Dwight

Hm - I'm not sure what "auto stepping" means. Normally, the controller
sends a "step" signal (after the direction is set) to the harddrive and
the harddrive responds with a "seek complete" signal - and the controller
sends so many step signals and waits for the seek complete signal (before
the controller sends the next step signal) until the wanted track is
reached. That is how it works, or? So what is "auto step" here?

--
 Oliver Lehmann
  http://www.pofo.de/