List:       classiccmp
Subject:    Re: CP/M 2 - what's its legal status? (Vector box cards)
From:       JP Hindin <jplist () kiwigeek ! com>
Date:       2005-11-28 22:39:31

Back from break, finally. Apologies for delays in response.
(My first child, a son, was born a week ago... I'm up to my neck in "What
the hell have I gotten myself into?")

Now that is funny... I'm pretty sure Anthony was the name of the chap I
picked the Vector up from, and the serial number lines up - so I guess
thats the same machine.
The internet never forgets!

The documentation does not mention MP/M, I'm fairly certain that it runs
multiple copies of CP/M, as Mike Stein suggests.

The floppy drive is a Tandon unit, although I've yet to pry it out enough
to identify which model number. Thankfully some very helpful chaps around
have offered to line me up with appropriate CP/M boot disks (Gord & Mike
rock), so I'm a happy chappy for now.

The FlashWriter is a pretty clever piece of toy, and I'm fairly confident
I can build a terminal for it easily enough. The FlashWriter II rev 4 (as
I have) can spit out composite video with a jumper setting, and uses a
parallel ASCII keyboard, which I'm going to use a Ubicom SX20
microcontroller to translate between a PS/2 keyboard and such.

Thanks all for your help;